WCAG - go to maincontent

Application for entry to Denmark

If you move to Denmark from another country, you must register in the municipality where you are going to live.


For more information about entry to Denmark (in Danish), visit Odense.dk.


Registration in Odense

If you are moving to Odense from another country, you need to book an appointment before you come to Borgerservice to register. This must be no later than 5 days after entering Denmark. Complete the self-service solution “Application for entering Denmark” and book an appointment online.

In order to obtain a Danish CPR number (national ID number) as a foreign citizen, you must:

  • reside at your address for a minimum of three months
  • have a fixed address in Odense, and you must show documentation for this (for example, a tenancy agreement)
  • bring a valid residence permit (nordic citizens are exempt from this requirement) 

You must complete and bring the following to Borgerservice:

  • Passport
  • Residence permit
  • Documentation for your address
  • Other relevant documentation regarding your registration, e.g. marriage certificate (if you are married outside Denmark)
  • Please note that children born outside Denmark must also show birth certificates and passports. 

After getting a CPR number you can apply for a MitID.



Complete the self-service solution “Application for entering Denmark” in the green box and book an appointment before you attend.

The City of Odense
  • Flakhaven 2
  • 5000 Odense C
  • Phone: + 45 66 13 13 72
Click here to go to start page