WCAG - go to maincontent

How do I get married in Odense?

Here you find information on how to get married in Odense.

Before you can get married in Denmark, you must have a certificate of marital status.


A certificate of marital status is documentation that you meet the conditions in the Danish Act on the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage (Marriage Act). 


Where do I get my certificate of marital status? 

If one or both of you have foreign citizenship, please contact Familieretshuset (The Agency of Family Law) to get a certificate of marital status.


You’ll have to get the certificate of marital status from the municipality if you or partner:


  • Have/has Danish or Nordic citizenship
  • do/does have permanent residence in Denmark
  • have/has a right of permanent residence in Denmark pursuant to the Executive Order on EU Residence

 To contact the municipality, please find information here

The City of Odense
  • Flakhaven 2
  • 5000 Odense C
  • Phone: + 45 66 13 13 72