The Department of the Elderly and Disabled
Deputy Mayor Søren Windell
5220 Odense SØ
Phone: +45 65 51 30 00
The Administration of the Elderly and Disabled is responsible for a range of services for pensioners and the disabled in the municipality of Odense:
- Home help (practical assistance)
- Personal care and nursing
- Remedies and appliances for the disabled
- Rehabilitation and mobilization
- Transport and housing for all pensioners with relevant needs, and for citizens with physical and mental disabilities
There are around 3,500 employees in this service.
The CEO of the administration of the Elderly and Disabled is:
Phone: + 45 65 51 33 00
In the Administration of the Elderly and Disabled, the city of Odense is divided into three areas – East, South and West.
If you receive help from us, your address decides the area the assistance will come from, while your disability decides which staff will advize, help and support you.
Each area is divided into five general groups, of which the staff has special expert knowledge.
- Physical disabilities
- Congenital brain damage
- Acquired brain damage
- Progressing illness
- Mental illness